Our teeth, when in a natural equilibrium, contact in an even manner on both of the jaws. When they contact in such a way, there is no stress on the jaw joint and jaw muscles.
Dental equilibration occurs when all of your lower teeth contact your upper teeth in a balancedl way. When the balance is lost, it leads to headaches, muscle soreness, wear, and tear of your natural teeth, chipped teeth, loose teeth, gum injuries and other painful conditions or disturbances in mouth and face.
Dental equilibration can be lost due to various reasons like an improper alignment of teeth, abnormal biting habits, grinding of teeth, excessive forces on teeth due to innumerable reasons. Movement of teeth due to missing tooth or orthodontic treatment, blunt trauma on teeth or even sinusitis can lead to poor distribution of forces.
Dental Equilibration treatment is nothing but reshaping your tooth in a mild yet corrective manner. Specialty Dental Surgeon will remove high pressure spots on teeth in a selective manner. By removing high spots, it allows the muscles to relax and reduces pressure on joints or any such pain. It also involves replacing missing teeth so that this condition of ‘Imbalance and Pain‘ doesn’t relapse.
It may take two or more visits for the complete treatment. It is done in slow progressions so that the patient adjusts to the new bite easily.
The interesting part is that there is no need for anesthesia in this treatment as the spot removed is very tiny. Hence no sensitivity occurs. Our dentists will use a bite marker. You will be asked to bite on it. The marks left after it will show the areas where you are biting hard. These areas will be trimmed down with great precision so that other areas are not disturbed.
After the treatment, you will bite evenly on the teeth during the day, if you have night grinding or other faulty habits, you will be given a splint or a night guard for the teeth to make sure equilibration is maintained for a prolonged period of time.
There are many issues that can be treated by dental equilibration treatment. Some people who can benefit from the treatment are:
- People having chronic headaches (even migraines in many cases have been cured permanently with this revolutionary treatment option) whose reasons are not found.
- People who are having pain in the jaw joint.
- People who have face pain due to no reason
- People who have muscle pain in the neck and shoulders.
- People who have to bite their teeth constantly even when not chewing
- Nail biting, sleep biting habits.
- People whose teeth are found to be dynamic or moving apart.
- People who find fractured teeth often or have multiple fine fracture lines on their teeth
- Your bite will feel different and more complete than before.
- You will feel your bite is more solid and you can chew food better
- There is a greater relief in neck and shoulder muscle soreness
- There is relief in jaw joints’ pain.
- There is relief in headaches if they are due to biting problems
Your teeth will touch in a more balanced way.
- This will also increase the longevity of your tooth structure
Get your teeth checked at Top Notch Dental Clinic if you cannot understand the reason behind your pain to get the best treatment.